"D" amps, general discussion who's 1 and why?

There sure seems to be allot of continued "BUZZ" regarding "D" amps. I am reading more and more SET/Tube users and lovers actually recommending and using them.

So what are your thoughts.
128x128dev
Dob, very interesting indeed. What did the rest of this system consist of that you heard with the MBL's and I presume when you refer to big MBL's they are the 101E's, same speakers I own. I really enjoy my MBL's and every amp combo I pair up with them I learn new things even with the amps presently in place which are just carry overs from my CAT JL3's until I find replacements.

Does this same person also own JMLab Focal Grande Utopia BE speakers (MSRP: $99,995) may have sold them by now. Black piano, wood floors in the living room, Teres table.

Look forward to your thoughts of the Joule pre., from what I have heard suppose to be a real gem.

"11-28-08: Dob
Hello Dave: Never make assumptions. I own a pair of Spectrons with all upgrades ($21k retail). Good amps. I heard a lot about your Jeff Rowland ($9k) and I am well familiar with Rowland 312 ($14k) - you probably can add new Bel Canto Ref1000 Mk2 ($6k/pr) but I will wait Kal's review and then I will add it to the list of 1st class - class D amplifiers"

What happens when Kal reviews a product?
Dob, I am curious did you run a tube pre-amp with your Spectrons?
I find running a tube pre into the Spectron gives it that naturalness without losing that effortless, clear sound which is it's forte.
IMS the synergy is excellent you get the best of both worlds. Just my 2 cents YMMV.
Dear Dev,

I did not see any other "big" speakers. If you can try Joule-Electra (or powerful Athma-Sphere)it could be interesting experience for you. While Joule Electra list Rite of Passage as theirt most power amp (200 watts), they have even more powerful, Destiny - 300 watts per monoblock and as far as I understand they have all specs and looks identical to Rite of Passage but have 4 tubes more..

Vicdamone: "What happens when Kal reviews a product? " Not much, I am afraid - simply I give more weight to the rumors and writings about the product and sometimes I will go to do serious audition myself if I need this type of equipment. I do respect a few reviewers, Kal is one of them.

Dear Snopro. Yes, I fully agree with you. I have now REX by BAT - very good preamp. Simply I expect more from Joule-Electra "Marianne Electra Memorial Edition Preamp"..I will see.

All The Best
Rafael