Placette linestage vs. Adcom 750 passive

The former sells used for almost twice as much as the latter; is there anything that the Placette does that the Adcom doesn't? Would it be an "upgrade" for me?
kanuk
This garbage and that garbage. (Both have rave reviews I think).

You need good passive preamp? - look transformer based - Promithoud, Bent(?) etc
Good Luck
Rafael
The Placette is a simple resistor ladder, consisting of very closely matched Vishay Bulk Foil resistors, two total per channel, per attenuation level. The power supply for the remote function is housed separately from the attenuation(signal) circuit, and it sports OFC RCAs. Bottom line: It is as completely transparent as the best interconnects you might find to hook up to it. No "garbage" about it. If you want the best and most transparent in a passive linstage, the Placette is it. I owned one for a couple years, and(unfortunately) needed gain to feed my SPL addiction.
What about the Sonic Euphoria? Although Stereophile gives the Placette a class A rating and the Sonic Euphoria a B, I read the review and comparison, and it seemed more of a tradeoff in sonic strengths than one being clearly superior.

And the Sonic Euphoria can provide a little bit of gain and is less finicky about interconnect lengths.