Tube preamp noise

I acquired an all tube preamp, and one thing I immediately noticed was that the preamp is super sensitive to any external impact, however small may it be. With a gentle tap on the cover of the preamp is echoed and heard on the speaker even when the volume is set to minimum. Same thing when I tap on the audio rack, other equipments (power amp, cdp, turntable), and even on the floor.
It is just like the sound you would hear from the PA speaker when you tap on a microphone.
Is it common on certain preamps?
Anybody experienced this?
128x128ihcho
"You might buy some new production 6SN7 tubes...like Shuguang...and install those. The new tubes should not be microphonic, especially if they are purchased from a dealer that screens for this problem."

I got Shuguang 6SN7, and yes, I found they do not suffer from the microphonic problem. From new fresh out of the box, they do not sound as good as Sylavania or GE, but at least I am glad to find out the problem wss due to old/bad tubes, not to the sockets or other parts of the preamp.
Thanks!
Post removed 
I don't think I've ever had a 6SN7 (or many other types) that are not microphonic to one degree or another. Unless the problem is severe it doesn't indicate that the tube is not performing well in other respects or that the tube will fail prematurely. Minimize it with tube dampers & decouple the component from the rack. If slightly microphonic NOS tubes sound better than Chinese, then use them!
I could not notice any microphonic problem with the new Chinese tubes. I have 10 used 6SN7 GT/GTA/GTB tubes form GE, Sylvania, and EH, and they all suffer microphonic rather severely. With a gentle touch on the amp case will generate an echo on the speaker. Gentle footstep near the amp does the same thing.
I just ordered tube dampers, and I will see how much they would reduce the problem. The Chinese tubes produced rather flat sound. I will see if they will make any difference after several days. I would rather use the old tubes than the Chinese tubes if the microphonic problem is lessened or if the Chinese tubes do not improve considerably over time.

I also ordered NOS Sylvania GTB tubes with green label and chrome tops, and will see how they would do.
A simple way to isolate from rack noise or foot-falls is to float the component on a partially inflated inner tube made for a child's bike.