Jeff Rowland 501s and PC1s

I installed the PC1s with my 2 Yr. old 501s and am very happy with the improvement. Sound stage is wider, taller and deeper. Image is more pronounced with increased detail.

As for value, $3200 for the PC1s on top of $6700 for the 501s is alot of money. A lot of very good amps at this price piont.

For me, Rowland equipment has a very natural, uncolored sound that I have found compatable with all my other equipment over many years.

System:
Esoteric X0-1 Limited
JRDG Concerto Pre
JRDG 501s
JRDG PC-1s
B&W 802Ds
Cardas Golden Reference, all cords, cables and ICs
ASC Tube Traps
Room Dem. 13'x 15' x 9'Hi
phous
Well Phous, I suspect that your system is very revealing and musical. Why don't you post a Virtual System so that we can see your setup?

For someone that doesn't already have 201s or 501s, I'd suggest the Continuum 500. The C500 includes essentially two 501s, a Capri preamp and PFC, all for $8800 or $9200 with phono section. In the context of other Rowland gear it's a good bargain, then compared to anything else, it's an incredible, almost unbelievable bargain. (Compare to Ayre, Boulder, ARC, BAT, Atmasphere, Lamm, etc.).

One of my friends in the Denver area has a Capri/501/PC1 system driving B&W. His praises are similar to yours. I've got the C500 driving Vienna Acoustic.

Dave
Hi Phous, please keep us posted with your observations while the PC1 devices break in. . . they will likely take a few hundred hours to stabilize and yield their best. Guido
For someone that doesn't already have 201s or 501s, I'd suggest the Continuum 500 - Dcstep -

Yes Dcstep you're right about the Continuum but , at least here , you won't sell a Continuum as used or pre-owned since only few 'll be searching for so powerful integrated amps while more audiophile search for preamps and separated amps