Parasound JC1 or Spectron Musician 3 se

For Innersound Kaya. I'm using a Parasound A21 now but would like more power. I've listened to Innersound kilowatt monos on my speakers and didn't like the combo. The highs were to hot.
sarcher30
Missioncoonery wrote:
Parasound has build issues and run hot as hell
I must strongly disagree based on experience with JC 1s since early on, but if you would care to qualify your remarks with substantiating information, I'd surely be interested. Parasound takes its products' performance and reliability very seriously. While it is true that the amplifiers produce a fair amount of heat, it's also true that virtually any amplifier putting out significant power, especially in Class A, runs hot. Exactly how hot is hell? I don't know, but some years ago a physics student 'proved' that hell is exothermic. :-)

Lance's comments regarding the JC 1's suitability for driving Sound Labs are accurate. I was the first person to hear the combination soon after introduction and reported the results to the respective companies. The JC 1s became a popular choice among solid state amplifiers for driving Sound Labs. This is not to suggest they are the absolute best at any price.

Disclaimers apply.
>>Parasound has build issues and run hot as hell<<

Not in my experience.

Which is infinitely more than yours.

Dealer disclaimer.
Sean: I just haven't updated it - to many changes to keep up with, ehhe.. I've sold the 5A's and all the Cary gear.

Tony
Sarcher,

Rereading your original post you stated that you are currently using the A21. Stepping up to the JC-1's is a huge jump in output and control. The A21 has 250W and 60 amps peak per channel. The JC-1 has 400W and 135 amps peak per channel. Also, I didn't see if the A21 had an independent power supply or not but if it doesn't, there is another excellent advantage for drive tough loads.

I don't think you can go wrong with the parasounds. There are so many owners driving their systems with the JC-1's. "50 million people can't be wrong" :-)

The resale value is really strong on these amps so worse case is you pick up a pair, evaluate them and decide to resell. You may eat shipping costs but you will certainly get your investment back. A small price to pay to audition one of the most respected choices for SS amplification for electrostat owners.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.
For what its worth,
I know of 2 very committed Mcormick DNA-500 lovers that have both opted to go to Spectron Musician III SE amps.
Because their green?
Potential as mono block for 1800 watts into 8 ohms ?

Many reasons to go.