SET or OTL to drive Gallo 3.1's Recommendations?

Hello All: I posted asking for recommendations for amps to drive my Gallo 3.1's, got a lot of solid state recommendations, but was intrigued by Dpogue's 12W SET's -- I tried a pair of Tonewin 16 W SET 845 mono's and a low volume, the sound is amazing. Unfortunately, even with Paul Spelt's Zeros, they clip badly at any reasonable volume. I am thinking about spending for an SET or OTL rig ( possibly a new pre-amp too -- have the Odyssey candela now ) to drive these. Any help would be most welcome.
oceanica1
05-31-08: Dopogue
I'm driving mine with 12wpc SET monoblocks (845 output tubes) with never a hint of strain. Humongous transformers, though. I have the Gallo subwoofer amp to drive the woofers' second voice coils, so there's no shortage of bass. The Gallos obviously have a very benign impedance curve (8 ohms nominal). This is in an 18 x 40' room, BTW. Dave
Dopogue (Threads | Answers)

So, why not look at getting the sub amp for them ?
I am driving my VS VR4jr 89db 6ohm with the 16 watt 845 based Art Audio Carissa. I'm getting far more dynamic sound tham with the ARC Classic 60. The power supply and output transformers make a big difference.

Blessings, Bob
I had a Atma-sphere S-30 (30 watt OTL) on my Gallo MKII's. There was no bass compared to any of my SS amps. I picked up some VTL tiny triodes (25 watt triode) and they do much better. Decent bass with a little tube bloat. I wouldn't want any less power. When I want to crank it a few more watts would help.

Bi-amping your 3.1's is not a bad idea either. Tube on top and SS on the bottom.