Class D amp with Tube Preamp Combo?

Have you ever tried a good class D/T amp & tube preamp combination? I have read their can be some occasional problems matching these together?

I was thinking of going this way to get the drive, clarity and efficiency of the switching amp combined with the warmth and full body of the tube pre amp.

What setup are you using?

My first post by the way! I have been reading this forum for the last two weeks learning about audio and what to buy for my first serious system.
jaffa_777
Hi Larryi, JRDG has made many amps in the course of their history. Which model did you listen to? 1, 201, 9, 3, 5, 112, 301, 7, 302, 7M, 6, 8, 312, 12, 501, 8HC, 9T, 102, and a few more? Some are switching amps, and some are not, some have been great sounding, while some have been just great experiments.
A fantastic, yet simple, system employing class D is a PS Audio GCC 100/250 or 500. Great value and outstanding sound when combined with the right cables. My favorite speaker cable is Clear Day solid Core Shotgun or Double Shotgun. DS is clearly better but almost twice the price. My CD player is a Raysonic 168. Speaker choices will depends on how much space you have, whether that space is dedicated to audio or shared and what type of music you listen to.
07-24-08: Guidocorona asked:
"Hi Dave, did you mean Spectron digital amps rather than Spectral? Spectron Mus 3 is a fabulous switching amp!"

Sorry, yes I meant Spectron.

Dave
I have a Supratek Sauvignon using balanced IC's into a Spectron M3 SE and the combination is wonderful.

Your words are exactly what I'm hearing, also I'll add quiet,extended,smooth,transparent,dynamic,and finesse.
"I have a Supratek Sauvignon using balanced IC's into a Spectron M3 SE and the combination is wonderful."

And there you have it guys. . . all great switching amps driven by great tube pres. . . spectron, Rowland, NuForce, Bel Canto. . . and they will work just fine together!