Will a new Preamp sovle my Problem?

Dear forum,
Need Help finding a preamp Tube or Solid State
that might clear up my System sounding too "Bright".

I have a set of revel preforma 30's.
Harmonic Technologhy pro 9 external Biwire
Opera Audio Conosance ref. 2.2 cd player
Parasound Halo C-21 Amplifier 250x2 balanced and rca input.

I currently have a Krell pav 280p preamp running balanced and the detail and imagining is great but the top end is too bright.

I am using entry level harmonic technology cables truth
link balanced cables.

P.S audio power cables on all components.

After repositioning my speakers I did get more bass. I can upgrade interconnect cables later. But I need to know if I replace the preamp with a new one, will it help? I have the Krell on aproval and do not think it will work out. I had a couple of fellow audiophiles visit me and they agreed also that my current chioce of preamp might be wrong.

There are hundreds of chioces and I need some feedback from my fellow audiogoners.

Question is: What preamp would help me come closer to
my goal of decreasing the system's Brightness.

I have a trebile switch on back of speakers and have decreased to the max of 2db . Helps alittle but still too bright.

I do not mind tube rolling if need be.

My budget 1,200.00 but could go a little higher
128x128sansui80
You need first to evaluate the prime and secondary sources of the brightness of your components. If any of your prime components from the front end back are inherently bright you will not be able to change their character. You can take some of the leading edge off the brightness, but overall that still doesn't yield relaxed listening. Going the route of balanced components and cabling frequently yields brightness that is more apparent/striking because of the juxtaposition with the improvement in quiet background. Get to know your components character then you will be able to audition new pieces and see immediately whether they contribute to the sound you want or detract. Lastly I didn't see any power conditioning components listed. Components running on clean power show their traits more clearly and will make their evaluation easier.
I would also try a Mac preamp. I use the tone controls
on my Mac C46 preamp to roll off the highs for headphone listening sometimes. They work well. There's one on sale
here the last time I looked.
If you cannot deal with the acoustics, you are doomed to patchwork as nothing(!) will do as well. WAF is a problem which can be dealt with by consideration, stealth and psychology.

Kal