Parasound Halo JC2

Hello Guys,

Anyone here listened the preamp. Parasound Halo JC2?
I just bought a pair monoblocks Parasound Halo JC1 , I 'll have at home within 20 days , and I'm very curious about the differences of JC2 compared to my Pass Labs X1 preamp.
Which is better .. driving two JC1s?
Unfortunately I can't listen here this JC2 and make comparisons so I'm asking tou you..

Thanks in advance for your Opinions & Suggestions

Curio
128x128curio
Curio - Based on my experience with the JC-1s in the past - and from what I've heard from others about them as well - they require a **great** deal of break-in. I don't know, but it's possible that this is true of the JC-2 as well. I found it curious that John Atkinson described the preamp as somewhat lean (in a relative sense), yet Jonathan Valin did not. A difference in break-in? Maybe...maybe Valin even had the same unit after Atkinson, when it was more broken in. Who knows. I don't have any experience with the preamp, but just wanted to suggest some things.

It sounds like you would like more feedback from people with experience, and I hope you can get it. One more suggestion: I suspect that there may be only a minute sample of people who have heard the JC-2 and the Pass X1 *in the same system*, never mind driving the JC-1s. You may want to re-phrase your question to get as much feedback about the JC-2 as you can (it sounds like you don't need the feedback about the Pass).

Good luck!
Thanks for your opinion Jfz
I noticed too the different point of view of Valin and Atkinson and as you wrote maybe it could be refferred to the different break in time.
I haven't here the two JC1 yet .. probably they left Canada this morning and so I should have them here within 10 days than I 'll be able to write an opinion about them
They 'll be driven by the Pass X1 and after I 'll consider if the marriage 'll be good enough or if the JC1 'll require another preamp
By now I'm crossing my fingers about the marriage of the JC1s and Thiel2.4 on paper should be perfect .. but with ears .. who knows..
Ok, I've got another opinion for you. The JC-2 is awesome, and that is why I own one!(as well as the JC-1's) It really is the perfect match for the JC-1's. The JC-1's aren't your typical harsh sounding solid state amp and if they err, they err towards sweetness with a touch of warmth/richness. The JC-2 is very high resoloution, and extremely quiet. I can see why people who prefer the added richness and coloration of tube gear would call the JC-2 slightly thin in it's sonic picture. If it is paired with an amp that is somewhat analytical or bright, you will have a somewhat thinner sound. I think that the JC-2 is perfectly accurate, and some people aren't ready for that kind of honesty. Anyway, when paired with the JC-1's the sound is magical. They literally were made for each other. The sound is completely sweet. Don't worry, the JC-1's are going to make your Thiels sound the best they ever have. I do believe that the JC-2 will take them to the next level also. The JC-2 is by far the single biggest improvement that I've ever realized from a component upgrade in my system... Bar none! %30 more low level details, better soundstaging, deeper bass, sweeter harmonics, it's like I turned up everything but the noise. That's as simple as I can put it. It will remain in my system for a long time.

Good luck to you!
As Audiobrooke kept his unit, he may have a clearer sense of the unit's performance.
I would, however, point out that the Presence Deluxe is not exactly a "tube unit" in the traditional sense. It is more akin to a solid-state unit in its presentation, having less sweetness than the average tube unit. It is precise in the same way that the Parasound is, but less weighty nonetheless.

Jonathan's review, by the way, did not differ from Atkinson's, I think. they simply phrase differently. Jonathan clearly said it sounded like an "...ever so slightly less three dimensional ARC Reference 3..." This is usually a function of the midbass to lower midrange energy. By the way, one can easily post at the avguide website and ask him directly. The reviewers are very good at responding to queries.

Now, what COULD make the difference is the front end, and whether it is CD or turntable. Turntables will usually have a greater "density" of sound than CDs, excluding players of high lineage (and price). He DID, after all, use the Walker turntable.
I'm sure it's a great unit.
Thanks Audiobroke and GbMcleod

As Gbmcleod wrote I'm noticeing the turntable with my Grado has much more weight in the middlebass region and density everywhere and it is more emotionally involving
While before with Odyssey Stratos Plus the difference from CD and TT was lighter now with Halos JC1 is so great I thought to have some cable troubles between CD and preamp!
I didn't think JC1s were so transparent!
They make the Thiels 2.4 really come alive expecially in the mid high frequences where the little Stratos failed
On the contrary with the same setup and cables the Stratos sounded more fat and warm in midbass region but it's so beautiful en enjoyable the pristine clear trasparent sound of the JC1s I can bear this hypothetical loss , if it's a loss and not the real sound!