Red Wine Audio Isabella

so i just ordered my red wine audio Isabella with dac -
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html

it just went up for sale yesterday and vinnie of red wine stated that i should have it in 3 weeks. I have been excited about this one since it was mentioned last fall! Anyone else order one? I'll post my impressions once I get it. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be the ONE!

-Jeff
jwarmbrand
Guys, what preamp have you guys been using before being won over by this little Isabella?
Hi ViperZ,

Before the Red Wine Isabella, I have been playing with a Audio Horizons TP2.1 and an EE Minimax (borrowing from a friend). The RWA Isabella wins me over by
a lot!

-Jeff
hey mariusz,

thank you!

hey viper_z,

i was able to try the modwright LS36.5 but it wasnt for me. RWA Isabella was much more musical and spacious and 'effortless' like mariusz says. it was designed to be a perfect match with the Signature 30.2 so that makes sense why i like it better in my system. not saying the modwright is not good. for me and my system the RWA isabella is a sonic marvel and the dac option is very special to me. digital never sounds so good!

Back to listening for me,

Nate
Hi Jwarmbrand and Natewalker2006, may I know what's the rest of your equipments (amp, speaker)??

Does the Isabellina DAC have an "airy" top end?
Viper_z,

I am using the Red Wine Isabella with built in Isabellina dac board, RWA Signature 30.2 power amp and feeding this into Gallo Ref 3.1s. Source is a Macbook feeding into the Isabellina dac via USB. Currently using diy interconnects and speaker cable, but will be purchasing the new RWA cables in the near future.

YES - Isabella dac is very airy and spacious sounding! I love it - why? it simply makes digital sound like music and I can finally connect with digital!

-Jeff