Red Wine Audio Isabella

so i just ordered my red wine audio Isabella with dac -
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Isabella.html

it just went up for sale yesterday and vinnie of red wine stated that i should have it in 3 weeks. I have been excited about this one since it was mentioned last fall! Anyone else order one? I'll post my impressions once I get it. I have a good feeling that this one is going to be the ONE!

-Jeff
jwarmbrand
Hi Jeff, I thought that DAC boards arrived already.....at least that is what I am hearing. I am very interested in the first users report (honest report) and look forward to find someone in NY area to compare the two battery wonders and help me decide if Isabella is worthy of the closer look in the future or Dodd is the one to beat .....still.
When you report back your first impresssions, please try to compare RWA DAC to another DAC with reputation and preferably in the same price range.

Thanks

Mariusz

I've been playing my RWA Isabella, with built-in Isabellina dac option, for a few weeks now. I wanted to write sooner but I have been having a very difficult time pulling myself away from listening. I'm no reviewer by any means, but I will say this - Isabella already has FAR exceeded my expectations and I have never heard *any* preamp or dac that like more than this!

So everyone knows I am also using a RWA Signature 30.2 and Gallo Ref 3.1s.

What the Isabella is providing is more dimension and space, more foundation to the sound, a totally effortless presentation, more life and realism to my music than I thought was possible in my system. All this with just adding in the Isabella/Isabellina combo. Granted it is not a cheap upgrade but to me well worth every penny! :)

The Isabellina dac option gives me what vinnie/RWA promised - a natural and emotionally involving musical presentation that does not sound digital AT ALL. I am using a Macbook computer like the one vinnie uses and USB. Such a simple way to connect to all your music and sounds so good. I'm off the grid completely now and loving every minute of listening! the only other dacs that I have used in the past that are close (in my opinion) are the Altmann attraction dac and a modified ack dack. No coincedece that these are also battery powered and non-oversampling. but the Isabellina seems to has deeper soundstaging, more dynamics and pacing, and some more extension on the top end. I no longer own these dacs so I cannot do a direct comparison, so please take this with with a grain of salt since I am just going by my memory but I owned each of them long enough to remember quite a bit. also I am not sure how much the Isabella tube stage has to do with this vs. the Isabellina stand alone product that RWA now offers. Would be interested to see.

What I also like is how the Isabellina dac is built into the Isabella tubed preamp. Everything is in one enclosure so no interconnects needed between a dac and preamp and this makes for shorter signal paths and simplicy on my audio rack. I need to try the RWA interconnects and speaker cables next. When I do I'll report back.

I just read the post from Mariusz:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=57513.msg516421#msg516421

Now that was a very good post and I wish I can explain things that clearly. What I can say is that I am very satisfied with my Isabella/Isabellina, Signature 30.2 and Gallo 3.1s. I never heard it sound this good and I can say that I will no longer be hunting for a preamp, dac, or amp that is so satisfying to my ears. maybe I'll looking into trying new speakers later on, but right now I can't even think of changing a thing because I am pulled in the music and just want to buy more music.

Jeff
like jeff, ive been seduced by the RWA Isabella with dac option for over a week and have trouble stop listening to the music. what else can i say that mariusz and jeff have not covered already? Isabella is everything i hoped for and more!!! vinnie has a real winner on his hands and i can only imagine how good the upcoming reviews are going to be for the isabella and isabellina dac. i'm glad i ordered early before its goes big and the lead time gets long as i cant see how the isabella w/dac will not be a classic. i have never herd a preamp and dac that truly makes music like this > stunning! Brava Isabella! tutti stanno bene! hahaha, i wish i knew real italian!

enjoy!

nate
Jwarmbrand & Natewalker_2006

As you both know I am a happy Dodd owner and I hope that you found my comments truthful and accurate.......of course to the certain point (it is all system dependent and I had only one day to evaluate Isabella).

I share your enthusiasm towards Vinnie's new Isabella preamp as I believe it might be one of the best preamp out there - especially with its build-in Isabellina NOS non-up-sampling DAC.

If I had to choose only few words to describe it, it would have to be - smooth, analog sounding DAC, effortless, musical enjoyment.

If I did not have Dodd already, I would be placing order right now. It is that good.

Thanks for kind words and congratulations on getting and enjoying RWA Isabella preamp.

Mariusz
Guys, what preamp have you guys been using before being won over by this little Isabella?