Just bought 2 pairs of ML no. 33 for my Pipedreams

I'm waiting for the delivery of Mark Levinson No. 33s . These will be replacing the existing Sim W10 4-monoblocks.
Would appreciate any comments especially the owners of Pipedreams speaker.
Suchart
suchtan
Room size?Is the only change the amps?Why the change?I ask as one day I hope to be fat again.Cheers,Bob
I run 33's on the woofers of my Pipedreams, and 33H on the mid/tweeter towers. The 33's were not a good match for the mids/tweeters, it all fell into place with the 33H.

Pipes like tubes too. I have a McIntosh MC2000 which also does a nice job on the mids/tweeters.

anyway, congratulations on your acquisition of 2 pair of 33's, they are great amps.......however for me the 33H would be a better choice for the high side.

Best,

Paul
Hi guys,
Thank you for your comments.
Kenny, it's not everyday you can see two pairs of Ml33 being sold by the same owner. I wouldn't have made decision if it's just one pair. I learned from my existing amps that using the exact same amplifier for all channels yield the best result. As Bar81 said, I need all the reassurances I can get for this was my biggest investment ever.
Bob, my room size is 6mx9m with 3m height.
Paul, you are the one I hope to get comments from the most. I am a little surprised when you said the 33h are better than the 33 for the mid-hi. In what way the 33h will be better? From my understanding, the 33 should be superior in every way, shouldn't they?
Looking forward to your kind answer, Paul.
Best
Suchart
Hello Suchart:

It seemed to me like the 33's overpowered the mid/tweeters. When I placed the 33H, everything fell into place. Lively, PRAT was right on and not bright. With the 33's on the mid/tweeters, it was a bit dark sounding and closed-in......however.....the 33's do a wonderful job controlling the 18" woofers. Bass is tight and most tuneful, you can easily recognise whatever instrument is playing bass notes.

Funny how this works out. The Pipedreams replaced Aerial 20t's here, and the 20t/Levinson 33 was a match made in heaven.

I've had the Pipedreams quite a while now, and have no desire whatsoever to change them out.

Best,

Paul :-)