Transistor Preamp that sounds like a Tube Preamp?

You probably think I'm crazy, but with all the improvements in solid state, are there any transistor preamps that have the following characteristics I hear in tubes?

1. Fully fleshed out instrumental timbre and overtones?

1. Full, alive midrange with bloom, body and dimension?

2. The airy space and separation between instruments?

3. That realness and aliveness of tubes?

4. At a retail of around $6,000 or less?

I'm sure I'll be getting some clashing opinions on this....
saxo
My goal with this thread was to see if SS technology has advanced to the point that it was able to overcome these limitations.
Well, circuit design hasn't really advanced much... and that more or less cooks the issue. We do have good quality materials though, very expensive however, and rarely used in hifi equip. Lastly, strong points for a "very good" ss would be transparency & bandwidth & some homogeneity in signal amplification; not quite your stated cup of tea but your description does not really fit SS you know!
Sooooo & however & IMO &etc etc, you might try an ancient MLevinson pre (the ML series) or a Cello "palette" or an '90s accuphase, or an old series ('80s-;90s) Goldmund. Not easy to find, I know, but better performers than many of the new stuff @ your price point.
You also give the ones mentioned above a try: Ayre is easier to find than an old Goldmund, but a super performing Ayre is more expensive (new) than a used Goldmund, of course! Regards
gentlemen:

keep up the banter. it sounds like two lawyers in court and is very entertaining, very funny.
Saxo and Mrtennis, I guess I have to endure a lawyer's closing. I regret leaving his initial, non-communicative post from just passing into oblivion.
Gregm, I have owned the Levinson, Cello Suite and "palette," and Accuphase 280 line stages, but of course, long ago. The Cello stands out as exceptional among them. I had gone quite crazy and bought the full Cello system, including the amps and equalizer connected by miles of Cello Strings. It was the ease and total confusion associated with an equalizer sitting there beside me to change at my whim that ultimately got me. I had to sell the entire system rather than the equalizer that was all I really wanted to sell. If Saxo could find a used Cello Suite, he would no doubt love it.

Apart from the Cello, I think you are wrong about no advancements in circuit designs. I have already noted this, however. Tube circuits have also advanced thanks to better parts and power supplies. The new Exemplar fully regulated design struck me as exceptional at the RMAF. I am anxious to try one soon. It is a $11,000 unit, however.
Tbg, whose the one who can't stop chirping? No, no, no ain't "malice" - which was my original post, followed by your "stupid" comment. Which I don't think is malicious either, just rudeness. I tried to let it go for both of us, but...

I have a better idea. I'm sending you my info. Give me a ring. Maybe we can track each other down.

BTW, I can't quite remember or not from the H-Cat thread, but were you ever affiliated with H-Cat in any way, or was it just a good buddy thing, or only a satisfied customer?

On issue, tgb - and, yes, I'm still trying to get there - could you please address the issues I raised about SS limitations. How do you think that the H-Cat overcomes those limitations?

Tbg, on gregm's point, how do you think SS circuit design has improved, beyond better routing and isolation? I don't know the answer myself, necessarily, but would be interested in your answer.