What Solid State PreAmp?

In the $5K-$10K range, what are the top PreAmps out there? I am looking for a musical PreAmp. I know of the following in NO particular order, but there might be others. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

BAT 42SE
McIntosh C200
Ayre K1Xe
Accuphase C2000 and C2410
Classe CP 700
Mark Levinson 320 and 326
MBL 5011
mikeaudio
Dave,

The PC1 intrigues me. By converting the unit to operate in DC is the effect similar to what a well designed battery power supply would achieve? I know JRDG has used battery power supplies in the past for some of their gear. So I'm wondering if the PC1 is their alternative to a battery option.

Any idea what the PC1 costs? The price of the preamp is very reasonable.
Clio, exactly. I posed that question to Jeff when we visited his shop last week. The Critereon is his soon-to-be-released "statement" preamp. It will be battery powered.

The Continuum 500 converts any AC to pure DC and the PC1 in front of his devices like the 501 monoblocks and the Capri does the same thing. My question was, "Is there an advantage of one DC over the other." His response that the Critereon is a low current device and he already had developed a reliable, long-life battery system, so he used that.

The 312 stereo power amp and the Continuum 500 have PFC built in. The separate PC1 unit allows many (most) of his other products to benefit from the same technology. It's clearly a plus on all his power amps that can use it, because it stabilizes the draw on the AC, which can be quite violent when not modulated somehow. With low current applications your benefit will vary, depending on the quality of your mains and some other factors.

I think that getting into pure DC can't hurt, because of the noise floor being lowered and all grounding issues just go flying out the window.

Guido, now that you've had more time with the Capri/PC1 combination, do you think it's a positive in that application in your system with the 312?

BTW, there's a blog about our Rowland Factory Tour, including some discussion of Rowland's philosophies, at Soundings Blog

Dave
Right in the middle of your price range is Steve McCormack's new VRE-1 pre-amp. The reviews have been positive and he offers a 30 day trial. After I sell some equipment later this year I plan on a demo myself.
My preferences in order are as follows:
Ayre K1XE
T+A P1230r
Accuphase c2000
BAT 42SE
Naim 281,202,102
MCIntosh C200
Mark Levinson 326
CJ PFR
Classe CP 700
I have not heard the MBL or the Accuphase C2410. Although the Ayre and T+A sound somewhat different I like both equally as the best solid state preamps I have heard.
Audiofan12, please tell me about T+A. I heard their CDP and was very impressed. Other than the unfortunate name, that's about all I know about them. Who destributes in the USA?

Dave