Are Atma-Sphere MP-1 and VSE RTP-3D similar?

Can anyone explain difference in topology between these two preamps? Look similar except for the dual volume control and tube comliment. I'm thinking of purchasing one of them.
dracule1
Dracule1; why don't you give Ralph(Atmasphere)a call and talk with him on your concerns; he will answer you honestly and will not jam his gear down you throat to get a sale; this has been my direct experience.
I second Rleff's suggestion. Among other reasons, Ralph and his crew are one good reason to own Atma-sphere equipment.
Ralph & Allen are both superb. One difference is that Allen's phono section is hybrid, as compared to all tubes in MP-1. VSE quotes high 70db gain w/o a step-up transformer. Not sure what the gain structure is in the current MP-1 phono. Also, the MP-1 has a circlotron-based LS.
Thanks for all your responses. I try not to inquire directly to the manufacturers as they inevitably have a "colored" view of their own products. But Ralph or Allen are prefectly welcome to reply to my thread.

Do any of you know how quiet the line section of the MP-1 is? I have heard the VSE preamp is dead quiet.
Do any of you know how quiet the line section of the MP-1 is?

Though I don't think I've taken the volume control past 12 o'clock, the line section of the MP-1 Mk.III is very quiet.

To speak to Dgarretson's query, the Mk III's phono stage delivers approximately 60dB gain.

If you send me an e-mail, I can respond with a few photos of the inside of an MP-1.

Tim