Doshi preamp l/p vs Messenger preamp line/phono

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to hear these units and might compare them?
I appreciate also opinions foe each preamp separately.
comaris
The Messenger is a nice preamp. I don't know if I heard it to it's full potential, my amp may have not been a great match. In that price range, you may also consider a Shindo Massetto. It does fit your criteria of a built in phono stage. The Massetto also mates well with most solid state amps. I assume you may run SS with the Spire's. The Doshi also has a great following, but I unfortunately haven't heard it. I do know someone whose opinion I value, and he loves the Doshi.
Haven't heard the Messenger so don't shoot this one, but have owner a Doshi the last 4 years. It totally transformed my system incredibly detailed, dynamic and engaging
hi Fjn04,
Thanks for your input. Actually i don't require a phono stage,just not starting a new thread if a similar exist, trying to adhere Audiogon's principles.
just asking, does Messenger has a huge quiet black background where music/nuance emanate from? do you hear the EXTENSION of musical notes bounce off the hall or whatever real or artifical "wall",so to speak. Thanks, hope that's not too technical