Opinions on the Mcintosh C500T?

Hey, just wondering what people who have experience with the C500T think about it. I've got mine on the way as its been ordered. I geuss just wondering is it worth it? Also is there anything special I should know about it. I'm looking forward to the phono stage as I have the MT10. I'm really bored now as I have no system to it and the MC2301's get here. might as well talk about it to pass the time.

Thanks,
beerdraft
beerdraft
Should get mine hooked up tonight, can't wait, will post some feedback once I listen a bit.
beerdraft
Does anyone out there know the differences between the new McIntosh C500 and the C1000, they look the same to me. Are there many sonic differences, I was wondering why McIntosh came out with the C500. Just Curious

Mitch
Mitch I asked that same question.

Checked the manuals and they are the same. The output stages are the same and the schematics look the same. I do not have TT so you need to ask Rick (Mac Temptation) about the sonics.

C1000 has more "Kwel" visual presentation (3D glass, metal remote, branding on the top of components). Packaging is also a bit different you get the components wrapped in a valet type of material once you get it out of of the outstanding boxed set.
I am waiting on UPS to deliver mine (C1000P) today. I will post feedback later. Looking at Mac's new website both units (1000 and 500) are oh so identical. Sonics are what really matters to me. Yes, the cosmetics are nice, but it's the music that is essential. I will do some research on these units, I am very curious as to why the C500 was built, my first guess is less cost.
Put your VP of Marketing hat on Mitch.

C500 was built as a more reachable product for "audiophiles" like myself that feel the C1000T is out of their price range.

BTW...nice system. I will post several question on your thread regarding your tweaks with tubes and PC.