Opinions on the Mcintosh C500T?

Hey, just wondering what people who have experience with the C500T think about it. I've got mine on the way as its been ordered. I geuss just wondering is it worth it? Also is there anything special I should know about it. I'm looking forward to the phono stage as I have the MT10. I'm really bored now as I have no system to it and the MC2301's get here. might as well talk about it to pass the time.

Thanks,
beerdraft
beerdraft

Showing 3 responses by mmitch7711

Does anyone out there know the differences between the new McIntosh C500 and the C1000, they look the same to me. Are there many sonic differences, I was wondering why McIntosh came out with the C500. Just Curious

Mitch
I am waiting on UPS to deliver mine (C1000P) today. I will post feedback later. Looking at Mac's new website both units (1000 and 500) are oh so identical. Sonics are what really matters to me. Yes, the cosmetics are nice, but it's the music that is essential. I will do some research on these units, I am very curious as to why the C500 was built, my first guess is less cost.
Finally received the C1000P, I replaced my Cary SLP-05, it took me a while to figure out how to program the thing, a bit frustrating at times, I was leaning on past intellect, however once I sat down and took time to fully read the manual, I finally got music, and oh what joy that filled my soul. This is the preamp of preamps, I thought I would miss the tube sound, however, the C1000 still has sort of a tube sound, the sound stage is much more encompassing, imaging has fine tuned to a point of realism, very airy. Now the part that blew me away is the noise factor; there is none, "nothing" total silence, everything is clear as a bell, no sibilance, no edginess, a piano sounds like a piano, a horn like a horn, etc. The dynamics are stunning, I heard voices like never before, you could tell when a soloist turned their heads, a very moving experience. The overall synergy of the C1000 and the MC501 is stunning, especially coupled with the Nova Physics Memory Player Transport and the Esoteric D70 DAC, I am hearing music like never before experienced. My plans are to audition the new Nova Physics Memory Player tube/dac next month. This what I am talking about, I am finally listening to complete music, not a hint of electronics, just music. All this and I have yet to hear the C1000 fully broken in. McIntosh has to be one of the best (IMHO)