Opinions on the Mcintosh C500T?

Hey, just wondering what people who have experience with the C500T think about it. I've got mine on the way as its been ordered. I geuss just wondering is it worth it? Also is there anything special I should know about it. I'm looking forward to the phono stage as I have the MT10. I'm really bored now as I have no system to it and the MC2301's get here. might as well talk about it to pass the time.

Thanks,
beerdraft
beerdraft

Showing 5 responses by beerdraft

I think the 1000 weighs a good bit more than the 500. I just got my C500T hooked up with the mc2301's and 802d's. Man this is nice. I need to get some listening in now and get the placement right on the speakers but so far so good with only a couple hours in. Starting to storm now here so I unplugged all as my power conditioners from shunyata haven't arrived.

beerdraft
Thats very good to hear. I've never owned mc stuff til recently so I am just worried. From the sound of what you described, I'm going to love it. Knopfler is the best... My power should be done tomorrow and then waiting on stands, Hope to be listening by next week end.

Thanks,
beerdraft
Should get mine hooked up tonight, can't wait, will post some feedback once I listen a bit.
beerdraft
Got my TT ready for action now. I ordered a milty zap gun for static and its in so I look forward to testing this phono stage this weekend.

beerdraft
My biggest problem with the C500T wasn't that it was not a very capable pre. I enjoyed it very much but am a bit flustered that I spend all that money on a pre and they send it to me with tubes that are worthless. I couldn't even play phono with my stock tubes they were so noisy. Then I start on the tube roll marathon to find out that it was hard to find a tube that not only sounded great but wouldn't mess up timing and detail. I eventually found some that did but man it was just not what I expected looking back. I've moved on now to the BAT REX pre and it has multiple tubes and no need for rolling at all. It's perfect. They do make a optional tube pkg but its not an upgrade and should only be used if there is some sort of synergy problem.