Audio Research Ref210 vs Ref300 vs VTM200

To Audio Research owners.

Is the Ref 210 that much better than the Ref 300 MKII and/or the VTM200.
I have a pair of Classic 120's upgraded by GNSC including balanced inputs and i am looking for little more power in the bass area. Those 120's have become superb sounding amps with the GNSC mods. Thoughts and comments welcomed. Looking for used unit. Rest of system:
Verity Audio Parsifal Encore
REF 2 MKI with GNSC mods and Amperex PQ white label 7308
REF Phono with """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Sota Cosmos series IV.
smoffatt
Thanks for your insight Dave Mitchell. The Parsifal Encore and the newer version Ovation can not be bi-wired or bi-amped. Their design does not permit it. So, potentially using 2 stereo amps would not be possible. Only the Sarastro's and their top of the line Lohengrin's allow bi-wiring and bi-amping.

I would hate to rid of my Classic 120's for one VS115 and find that (in my system) sonically, is a "little bit better" or worst, well, worst.
I need something that will floor me and get me a heart attack.

Much appreciate your input and until next time, i will keep my eyes open for a pair of REF300MKII or better yet, a pair of REF210. Not sure that i would be able to handle the weight and heat dissipation of the REF300MKII.
Thanks again.
Smoffatt,

What I am describing as balanced bridged operation does not require a biwireable or biampable speaker. It actually has nothing to do with that. It means bridging an amplifier without the need for any switches or modifications. You simply connect the inputs and outputs differently across the two channels to turn the amp into a monoblock.

On the other hand, a single VS115 or REF110 should be plenty if you are happy with the power you get from your current Classic 120 amplifiers given that they make almost exactly the same amount of power. The VS115/REF110 are vastly superior to the Classic 120's in every other way. But the best way to find out is by auditioning them yourself.
Dave- why the signficant price increase from the VS110 to the VS115? (i am not an ARC basher here, just curious).
Keith,

That's a very good question. The VS115 is a completely new fully differential circuit based very closely on the more expensive REF110 ($10K). Sonically it is much more similar to the REF110 than the VS110.

The VS110 was simply an enlarged version of ARC's entry level VS55. Both were less sophisticated unbalanced circuits built to reach ARC's most affordable price points. The sound of the VS55/VS110 is very nice and musical but not as high resolution or as good at the frequency extremes as other more expensive ARC amps like the VT100mkIII.

Looking closely and comparing the VS115 to the REF110, you can see where the compromises were made to get the VS115 down to $6500. The open chassis with no thick faceplate is much less expensive as are the binding posts on the back. The power supply filter cap bank is a little smaller with 8 of the 470uF electrolytics instead of 12. Finally, the critical output coupling caps are much less expensive than the $100+ a piece Stealthcaps used in the REF110.

ARC's goal was to get 85% of the REF110's sound out of the new VS115 and based on my side-by-side comparisons, I think they have done at least that. I just bought a VS115 for myself.