NuForce vs Red Wine

I am looking for insight into the differences that others have heard in a direct comparison of the NuForce Ref9 V2Se and the RWA .2's (30 or 70). I currently own the Ref 9V2's and would like to upgrade to the Se's. But there is so much good word on the street about the RWA units, that I am considering trying their units. Opinions?

Thanks.

John
nanotweeter
A friend has had top passives in front of his Nuforce 9.0SE V2. He had used several early versions of Nuforce. He thought the passives were great on all versions.
Then he used a Shindo Aurieges-L on the 9.0 SE V2. He said the passives sounded "broke by comparison". He is now a total fan of the Shindo.
He says the Shindo has been further improved by Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses and Crystal Cable Power Cords.

FWIW
I saw that "broke" thread. I also think that passives are very limited in application (duh). When I get a chance I will try my TVC with the 8.5v2 but don't really have much hope for this pairing for some reason, although the TVC is pretty good.

In the meantime, I am enjoying switching between two truly excellent preamps. One is a well-known European make using tubes, and the other...NuForce's own P9! It does NOT have snap-glare and is very neutral but dynamic with control.

The tube pre is also excellent and provides a study in contrast to the P9, in that it is *slightly* romantic but still very dynamic. I know I will need to settle on one and sell the other, but I am delaying this decision partly because it is so difficult.

I strongly recommend trying the P9. It is NOT ss-sounding, but neither is it tubey, using both those terms in a traditional sense.
Kck,

I share your pain in parting with components. My TVC really does sound liquid and dynamic to me with my NuForce amps. My Placette has great tonality and transparency - I just like it. I hate to part with either. But I now just have to hear a tube pre so I think its time to part with one - but which one? Maybe I'll decide next week.

Best regards,

John
I use both a Placette and a Bent Audio TVC with Ref 9SE V2 without any apparent problems, though I am not yet sold on the Nuforce amps. Perhaps I should try an active pre again, even though it's against my religion.. It should be noted that, as far as I understand, the Sonic Euphoria TVC is a different animal from the Bent TVC.
hi drubin:

i own a bent tvc. what objections do you have with regard to the nuforce/bent tvc combination ?

i was thinking about auditioning the amp with my magnepan, although i am reluctant because i prefer tube amps.