ARC Ref 3: Tung-Sol 6550 in power supply?

I have sourced a new production Tungsol 6550 from The Tube Store in Hamilton (Ontario); I intend to use it in the power supply of my ARC Ref 3. Has anyone had any experience with the Tung-Sol TS6550 in the Ref 3? Have you compared it with the original Winged "C" SED 6550C shipped by ARC with this
line stage? Preferences? Reasons?

See:
http://thetubestore.com/tungsol6550.html
guidocorona
Marco_esposito - what TungSol 6550 tube did you try ?

NOS Black Plate/Gray Plate from the 50s-60s or the new production TungSol "reissue" ?

I'm asking this question since those are two very different tubes.
Thanks Marco.

My bet is that even at 100 hours or more you will still prefer the original 6550C.

I spoke to the people at ARC severalweeks ago about retubing having read the comments that this should be done sooner rather than later and the person with whom I talked said there is absolutely noreason to retube before 4000-5000 hours. I also asked about tube rolling. he suggested that this is OK but that in their opinion the very best 6550 tube is already being used.
I have been in that camp throughout this entire thread as has Guido.
Not that I would disagree with you Oneobgyn, as I haven't experimented with my Ref 3 tubes either, and according to this thread I don't intend to. However, out of curiousity, whilst speaking with the ARC folks, did they happen to mention that the best power cord was also being used? Because I might have some disagreement there....

Cheers,
John
Jmcgrogan2 ->

ARC uses Shunyata Anaconda Helix Alpha PCs at their factory.

Oneobgyn ->

99% of manufacturers stick to current production tubes. So even though, SED 6550 that is used in all ARC gear may well be the best current production tube available, there is also a broad selection of NOS tubes (various TungSol, GE), which very often, are far superior.

BTW - for those who wish to stick with current production tubes - there is a more expensive version of SED 6550, called Black Sable. It is made by the same manufacturer, but is twice as expensive. I was always wondering, what difference it may make.
i didn't ask re PC's but FWIW I use Valhalla throughout my system...nonetheless I think we are now talking apples and oranges (tubes with PC's)