No More upgrades to ARC LS25 Mk.1?

Is it true that ARC is no longer upgrading LS25 Mk.1 to the Mk.2 version?

(Yes, I am aware that some prefer the Mk.1 over the Mk.2 using the Upscale Audio tubes).
Ag insider logo xs@2xedwyun
I don't know. I'd recommend that you call ARC at 763-577-9700 and ask Leonard. Might as well get it straight from the horses mouth. Leonard is a wealth of ARC knowledge.

If in fact this is true (or even if it isn't true), I would highly recommend contacting Steve Huntley at Great Northern Sound Company as he is famous for his work with Audio Research gear.

Cheers,
John
I did speak to someone at ARC and that's what I was told. I assume they will still service both Mk.1 and Mk.2 LS25's but apparently not upgrade. Guess they want to sell more of the LS26's.
Doesn't surprise me. Many manufacturers will upgrade to the current model, however, most will not upgrade an older model to an already discontinued model. They tend to leave that type of work to the modifiers like GNSC.

John
Yup. I'll contact GNSC. While they may to certain upgrades, I doubt they would do the Mk.1 to Mk.2 upgrades given the parts involved (e.g., new front and rear panels).