Tube sound with no tubes

Is there such a pre-amp out there that does this?I love the tube sound but they are hassle when a tubes fail.I have a pair of Pass X-600 amps that need a preamp.What pre-amp would be my best choice to give me a nice warm holographic sound??
spaz
I have the Jeff Rowland battery powered Coherence II and while I cannot necessarily say that it is the equivalent of tubes, it has never left me wanting for a tube preamp either. I use the Aesthetix Rhea tube phono amp, so I am quite familiar with the qualities which tubes impart. On the digital end I use an MBL 1511F DAC and Accustic Arts Drive 1. Through the Coherence, the sound is very analog sounding and has a lush, rich midrange, which in my opinion is what tubes do best. Jeff has a brand new flagship preamp coming out, the Criterion if I am not mistaken. I haven't heard it, but it will set you back $15,000 or more. A Coherence can be had for a third the price.
Maybe there's something wrong with your pre-amp. Pre-amp tubes do not fail often -- they usually last about 10,000 hours, I think. Before you give up the tube pre-amp, maybe you should check it out. I've had mine for several years with no tube failure.
I have to agree with Ontjesr and the others above. I had a McIntosh 6900 SS integrated amp. Sold it to get the McIntosh 2275 tubed integrated amp. For my ears, big difference in sound - tubes over solid state. The bonus plan is that with the 2275, unless one is using the phono section, the sound depends only on a pair of 12AT7's and not on any of the other (4) tubes. As such, I'm running Telefunken 801S 12AT7's - glorious sound.
Assuming most miniature tubes (heck even larger 6SN7, etc.)could last up to 12,000 when new, if you listen 10 hours a week, you will have a tube failure every 28 years.
I would try conrad johnson. They are very good at replicating or coming close to tube sound with their ss designs. But really what is the problem with a tubed pre? The tubes last a very long time and have non of the heat or maintenance / cost issues associated with tube amps.

I have also have a tubed pre (cj) and have never had any issues with it.