Could use some help with a tough match

I currently have a pair of Threshold SA 1's which have been completely rebuilt. My challenge is to find a preamp to create the right synergy with my Sonus Faber Amati's. I would like to try a tube preamp but the Threshold's input impedence (75k) and its unbalanced inputs are making it very difficult to find a match. Has anyone out there had any success running the SA 1's with a tube preamp ?
dcramsay
I ran a Threshold S/300 series 2 with the Thor T1000 linestage with no problems at all......Used also a Phono Audio Rsearch PH3 ..Also no problems.....
Though I have no first hand expereince with them; Audio Research and Sonic Frontiers are reputed to work well with Threshold. Again, I don't have first hand experience, but, I suspect some lower impedance output conrad-johnson pre's would work, and you wouldn't be paying extra for unused balanced circuitry with c-j.
Whats bad about Threshold's input impedence (75k ???
Thats very high, and should work with basically any preamp.. Now if it was VERY low like 10k input than you would have a problem.. Just about any tube pre should match very well as most tube amps are an input of between 40k and 100k normally, so you have a very nice solid state load I believe.. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so.
I agree with Undertow, 75K input impedence should not be an issue at all for any preamp that I'm aware of.