TADs SS Hibachi Amps

Any reviews on these amps by Bizzy Bee?
eagleman6722
These are unusual ss amps in that they actually sound "tubey" ... for better and worse. That is, they sound warmer (in my system) than any other ss amps I've owned (Krell KSA 50s, Odyssey Stratos Mono, Bel Canto integrated). As for tube amp "midrange magic", maybe a modest dose, but don't expect the full blown SET experience. For my Merlin VSMs, this is the best ss amp I've heard. For my Verity P/E and my SF Cremonas, the Krell, Bel Canto and Stratos offer plusses and minuses that make the choice less clear cut.

My short answer: If you're looking for a reasonably powerful ss mono amp that has real warmth, few real weaknesses and a modest price tag, you could do much worse.

Good luck,

Marty
What about bass response?If i order these amps, they will be used for the bass drivers only.I intend to use a SET amp on the tweeter and mid driver.Volume control(in TAD-125) is a bonus in this set-up.
The areas i am looking for in the bass are - speed,punch,deep as it can be and tight bass.

Eagleman,i've read your review,and as much as i find it helpfull,i s'd still like to know about the bass a bit more.

Also,TAD's page does not mention whther bipolar or mosFET transistors are used.Any info on the damping factor?
Audiobob,

Unfortunately I can't gauge how these amps will work on just bass drivers. I do know that I had the TAD 60 prior and these monos best it in just about every aspect. As far as speed, punch, and deep bass, all I can say is that , with my Vandys, these amps are punchy and musical and do not sound laid back like people think they sound with other amps. I listen to mostly classic rock so I need the characteristics that you mentioned. As far as the technical stuff, best to email Paul.
In my system, the amps really shine in the lower octaves. The only caveat is that they may be slightly "bumped up" in the upper bass area (the "warmth" I referred to in my earlier post). The effect is subtle, but audible on certain speakers. As I mentioned, I like this tonal balance on my Merlins, not so much on other speakers I own. As a general rule, I believe that these amps will work better as bass amps with speakers that are slightly overdamped than with those that are underdamped. Just MHO.

Good Luck,
Marty
Thanks for your answers.Martykl,could you please define "overdamped" and "underdamped"?