High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Tbg,
My only interest is a SPDIF cable.I`m also considering the Sablon Panatela digital cable.
Regards,
First, I don't have much experience with high-dollar cables, but I did want to chime in that I today installed a set of High Fidelity CT-1s between my receiver and my McCormack power amp. These cables replaced my set of Audio Art IC-3s which I have had in place for several years.

I always felt the IC-3s were very clear, compared to the anti-cable ICs I also tried out at the time. I have to say, the CT-1s were immediately clearer, more revealing, and more focused than the IC-3s. The only concern is that I think there may have been some "hash" in the high frequencies, but I think I should reserve judgement until they have run in for some time. Also, in some vocals the voices seemed to be a bit "shouty", if you will. Maybe that's just the way the recording really is.

I'm very interested if anyone can report about their experiences with the very high frequency reproduction of the CT-1s, as well as how long it took for them to "break in". Thanks!
Mtrot and Alpass, initially I was struck by the brightness of the CT-1, but it settled down shortly afterwards. If I recall correctly, the next day it was more balanced. It is the ease and clarity of the top end that is most impressive with the HF cables. I did not have much longer term experience with the CT-1s, but the CT-1 Es continued to improve for two weeks. I have heard others say that 1000 hours were needed. I haven't heard much happening this week. I think I have about 250 hours of active use of the cables.
It totally depends on your system. I had CT-1E's which were very nice and opened up after 20 hours, and again at about 100 hours. I currently have CT-1 Ultimate ics between source and preamp and at about 150 hours, they are finally starting to open up. By "open up", I mean clearer mids and highs with more inner detail and a fullness to the note after the initial attack. I also now have imaging outside of both speakers on a number of CD's. Soundstage is also deeper and the presentation is both more musical as well as more realistic. I can hear brass players taking breaths as well as which way singers are facing on some well-recorded CDs. Fretwork on guitars has become a given. I think they are about 1/2 broken in so far.... :-)