Tube amps

I've decided to upgrade my current SS amp (McCormack DNA 0.5) for a tube amp for use with my Wilson WP6 speakers. I am looking for a little more warmth in the midsection and think that tubes may be the way to go.

My budget is around $2000 used and so far I'm considering the following candidates:

1) BAT VK-60
2) Cary V12i
3) Primaluna 7

I would appreciate any comments or opinions anyone might have on this.
jensmunk
I do apologize,I gave a readers' digest condenced reply.The Vac is a far superior design to any of the posters' options.That said,there are issues with the other options that I did not want to delve into.If VAC/Dennis Hadd had felt that it was a liability to allow a db or two of feedback,I'm sure he would not have provided the control.As all systems vary,it is a practicle option and possibly a valued one for all but the purist.
I don't think one VK 60 would have enough power to drive the WP's. But, with a pair of VK 60's I think you would be pleasantly suprised. If you had those amps converted to monoblocks they have zero negative feedback, and the output transformers and power supplies to handle the low impedence loads that would be thrown at them. I think this option is very economical at less than 1/2 the cost of a VAC or CAT. Don't get me wrong the VAC and CAT are exceptional but the BAT can deliver the current and power as well.
Not to belabor the issue, but Kevin Hayes is VAC and Dennis Had is Cary. The feedback control was included on the VAC Renaissance amps more for marketing than anything else -- even 1 db. of feedback takes away the magic on dynamic-driver speakers (feedback can help with stats, however).

PS - It is my understanding that the top BAT tube amp (the "SE") is a very fine amp -- I was too busy reacting to the idea of a cheap (PrimaLuna) to modestly priced tube amp (Cary V-12) on WattPuppies to notice that BAT was one of the listed choices.
Jensmunk, After reading your post again I need to clarify my response. One VK 60 might drive the WP's. With the information you provided it's a difficult question to answer without more information. How big is your room, do you listen to lifelike volume, what type of music do you listen to, and are to willing to sacrifice chest thumping bass? With this type of information you might be able to stay within your budget. BAT has paired up with Wilson at numerous audio shows and is very familiar with the product. You might give the folks at BAT a call as well. Good luck in your journey.
Joman,

My room is small (13X16) and I don't usually listen to music at very loud volumes (my wife may disagree). I am generally not a bass freak, and enjoy folk music, as well as Mark Knoffler, Van Morrison, EmmyLou Harris etc...

On another note, I've been looking into the output impedance of various tube amps and the BAT is particuarly high at around 8 ohms. On the other hand I actually have a CJ Premier 11A, which I am using in a second system, and its output impedance is only .5 ohms. This would seem a more reasonable match for the WP6's where the impedance dips near 2 ohms at low frequencies.

Both of my other original choices also have relatively high output impedances.