Tube amps & warm speakers?

Hello again folks,

In my quest to try and get into audio again I had another post regarding good 2 channel pre's or integrated's. Upon browsing this forum and looking at all the beautiful used gear around I now find myself a little interested in maybe a tube integrated amp now. Seems like all the serious audio enthusiasts enjoy tubes more than SS. I really want to be blown away sonically when I choose to listen to my system. And...they're oh so sexy. :)

My question is this....I've heard before that tubes and warm speakers can almost be too much of a good thing. I realize listening is subjective but just trying to learn and save myself unproductive searching if I'm only going to be disappointed.

My speakers are Dynaudio Audience 50. I know, I know.... bottom of the barrel for Dyn's but still sound pretty good to me for the money.

Thanks for any insight.

AW
awilliams
I would pick up one of the used Music Reference RM-9 For about 1300.00 range.Plenty of power for almost any speaker.
Consider the Prima Luna 2. I wrote a review here about 2 years ago and I was using the PL2 with Acoustic Research 302 speakers (sealed box, 3 way, 10 inch woofer, 85db sensitivity). I have also used the PL2 and PL5 with monitors from NHT, Omega, and Rega. All a little bit different sounding, but the 3D and overall musical sound character were all there. Change out the supplied KT 88's with some SED Red Wing 6550's and you will be very pleased.

Regards, Rich
If your room is not very big, the Dynaudio 50s will do just fine with many tube amps. I've used the 52SE with some really small tube amps in a small room and they delivered the goods.

Most of the Dynaudio speakers have very linear impedance sweeps and actually suffer less from the high output impedance characteristics of tube amps.

The Dynaudio 50 is a fine little monitor and nothing to sneeze at.
You may be able to drive the Dynaudios with a small integrated tube amp, but the 4ohm speakers are going to sound much better with a 75 watt solid state amp. I had a pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.8s and they were unbelievably musical driven by my Threshold T-200 amplifier. If I were you, I would pick up a Forte 4, Class A solid state amp. This amp has a really smooth sound, great dynamics, slam and timbral accuracy. It has none of the glare of transistors. Then, purchase a tube preamp to give you the bloom and soundstage...a Audible Illusions Modulus 3 will do just fine...you can land both for about $1,250, and they will blow away any tube integrated you can buy at the same price.
Wow...Sure are some knowledgable folks here. I don't pretend to be any sort of audiophile but I sure know what sounds good...even if I don't understand all the techno-speak. I will check into said integrated amps and see if I can demo some of them. It sounds like anything around 75 watts will get the Dyn's singing.

thanks