Tube amps & warm speakers?

Hello again folks,

In my quest to try and get into audio again I had another post regarding good 2 channel pre's or integrated's. Upon browsing this forum and looking at all the beautiful used gear around I now find myself a little interested in maybe a tube integrated amp now. Seems like all the serious audio enthusiasts enjoy tubes more than SS. I really want to be blown away sonically when I choose to listen to my system. And...they're oh so sexy. :)

My question is this....I've heard before that tubes and warm speakers can almost be too much of a good thing. I realize listening is subjective but just trying to learn and save myself unproductive searching if I'm only going to be disappointed.

My speakers are Dynaudio Audience 50. I know, I know.... bottom of the barrel for Dyn's but still sound pretty good to me for the money.

Thanks for any insight.

AW
awilliams
I will second the PrimaLuna PL2.Very dynamic and possibly a bit lean w/stock tubes.I substituted the Shanguang triple-mica 12ax7s and some French cryo 12au7s-stand back.The 12ax s are about $6/ea and the 12au s were $45 ea.Listening room size and distance from the speaker will determine the amount of power you need.Experiment with the different sound of the corresponding taps-4 ohm/8 ohm,they will sound different.Which ever suits your system best,is the correct tap.
I would pick up one of the used Music Reference RM-9 For about 1300.00 range.Plenty of power for almost any speaker.
Consider the Prima Luna 2. I wrote a review here about 2 years ago and I was using the PL2 with Acoustic Research 302 speakers (sealed box, 3 way, 10 inch woofer, 85db sensitivity). I have also used the PL2 and PL5 with monitors from NHT, Omega, and Rega. All a little bit different sounding, but the 3D and overall musical sound character were all there. Change out the supplied KT 88's with some SED Red Wing 6550's and you will be very pleased.

Regards, Rich
If your room is not very big, the Dynaudio 50s will do just fine with many tube amps. I've used the 52SE with some really small tube amps in a small room and they delivered the goods.

Most of the Dynaudio speakers have very linear impedance sweeps and actually suffer less from the high output impedance characteristics of tube amps.

The Dynaudio 50 is a fine little monitor and nothing to sneeze at.