What are the difference between CLASS A and PURE

Hello one more time
Can any one tell me what are the difference between CLASS A and PURE CLASS A on SS amplifiers?
Thank you
Paulo
pauloramirez
Dear Paulo: Till today I never " see " amplifiers ( SS, tube or hibryd. ) that through its operation manuals or through advertasing states: class A that switch to class B.

All the ones that I know that states class A or pure class A are the same: 100% class A operation.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul, Almost ALL SS " class A" amps are biased in that they produce class A output to a point and then switch to AB. True SS pure class A amps are the exception. - Jim
Dear Aldavis: Could you name some amplifiers ( SS ) that in its advertasing/operation manual speak about class A operation that are not really class A ( that switch to class AB?

The amplifiers that switch to class AB are clearly named: class AB, I never read that the manufacturer state class A when they really are class AB.
Now if a manufacturer states class A when in reality is a class AB then he is " playing "/marketing with words and obviously is telling a lie.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Thank you to all of you.
It’s been a wild ride for my stereo, my wallet and me in the last 3 months.
Everything start with the born of my new baby boy when my wife told me Paulo you need to sale some stereos and speakers that you are not using we need the room. So I did decide that was a great opportunity to reduce quantity but up-grade in quality. So here we go in my 3 month roller coster.
I did change everything except for my speakers Martin Logan Aerius I and my CD player a Marantz 67SE.
I had a Sony Preamplifier a Sony MD and a Parasound HCA-1000A power amplifier, then two HCA-1000A running my Speakers bi-amp.
Then I bought an Audio Research SP-9 preamplifier and an Audio Research D-90 power amplifier to replace my sony and my two parasounds and bought a turntable.
However the D-90 power amp works but on the shipping was bang by UPS, so the insurance from UPS is paying me back. Same thing with the first turntable I bought.
So I bought a New Turntable two weeks ego and yesterday I bought a B&K 4420 power amplifier and a Audio Research D-200 and I’m planning to keep them till I decide which one I will keep. (Probably will keep the Audio Research because should sound better and second I love the looks on Audio Research). Neither one arrives home yet. Probably in a week from now I will be able to compare them.
Paulo Ramirez