best used amp for Martin Logan SL3's

I am searching for a used "affordable" amplifier to drive Martin Logan SL3's.....I would like to look into vintage Mcintosh or other solid state units. I have gleaned that McIntosh can be great or bad depending on the speaker impedance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwkjeffers
I second Classe CA 200. If you can get the Classe 350 mono will be even better. In general, SL3 likes high current high power solid state amp. I have great success driving it with Theta Dreadnaught. McIntosh amps with output transformers are not good match, they sound soft and slow.
Sidssp,
FWIW, a friend of mine is thinking of pairing a McIntosh integrated with a pair of SL3s (without listening to it beforehand - aaargh). Is there something particular to McIntosh which would make them a bad match with SL3s? My understanding is that the input impedance goes low enough, and I am surprised by the OPT comment, because I had not found OPTs to be a problem on my tube amps. Indeed, they smoked almost anything else I tried.

If others have experience trying McIntosh amps/integrateds with SL3s or similar MLs, please help Wkjeffers, the original poster, because it will help me (warn off a friend if bad) as well.
Wkjeffers, lots of amps will be good or bad depending on impedance, and because the SL3s go down to 1 ohm, they will test a lot of amps. Having used an amp which could deal with it on my SL3s and an amp which couldn't, I highly recommend amps which can!

I did not own one but I tested one before making the decision to go with big power tubes and I can recommend the Innersound ESL amplifier. I also liked the way Counterpoint hybrid/FET designs sounded with the SL3s.