Tubes for BAT VK60. Need help

I’m now looking to retube a BAT VK60. I know very little about the tubes in it or which ones are most important to address first... or at all.

Any VK 60 owners with re-tubeing experiences out there?

I surely would appreciate some input on what you wound up with and why...?

Thanks so very much for the time and efforts here, as I'm lost now.
blindjim
Jim- There are a couple of good sellers of 6SN7s right here, who have pretty good knowledge of their typical sounds. Jsautter and Kalidelkol (not sure on teh spelling) come to mind, but there are also a couple of others. Of course Andy at Vintage Tube and Upscale Audio also.
Dgarretson -I do appreciate it

...a third more life expectancy using Pearl tube coolers...

Speculation, or your own experience? ...if so, that bears looking into for sure.

"EH, hold up well and sound good".

Wow. I've only had one pair of EH tubes, 12AT's, and I didn't care much for them... but they weren't new, so that played a part I'm sure.

In my 'researching' both types, 6SN7-GTB & 6c33c-b, (those numbers and designations are accurate for the VK60 application), Dan at BAT said to insure the SN7's handle 600v, or they'll run out fastER, AS 600V IS APPLIED AT START UP & DURING THE BIASING.

The least price I found so far on the 6c33c-b or cb, is right from Russia. Averaging about $8 - $10 es. less than Paarts con., but a bit more for shipping, I'd bet.

"Parts con. doesn't test them or offer warranties do they?

That would change things. I'm also finding out the 33's being sold aren't usually tested prior to the sale. Well at least it's rare.

Lastly, "Is matching needed on these big current supplying tubes?"

Samzx12

Thanks much. Think they'll take a check? ...for free, I can swim, uh, paddle, over to cuba and nab some there maybe... have to brush up on my Spanish though and get a dog that can swim.

Swampwalker

Big help. Thanks. Andy doesn't do 6c33c-b. he does do Sylvania, tungsol, & RCA. he had said in that order they'll range from open and extended to more full bodied, were their sonic traits. Also that they would gain in price going back towards earlier itterations, which is expected i suppose.

For posterity, the front 6SN7's are the more important tubes in the array. use of the lowest noise and harmonic preffs here will dictate more to the amp than elsewhere on the VK60... or so said BAT.
Chris at Parts Connexion stated to me that upon request he will test each 6C33C and offer a 90-day warranty.

After many retubings of 6C33Cs in the VK75SE without Pearl Tube coolers, I noted (subjectively) about a 50% extension in tube life with the Coolers. I now use them everywhere, particularly with hot-running & valuable 6H30-DR input tubes. However I don't think the Pearl Coolers extend tube life 2x-5x as claimed.

Dgarretson

Super! Thanks. Does Parts Ex. do the coolers too? I'll Google 'em.

I think for the $40 diff of the Ruskies, and the time frame to get them from there to here, I'll call and order the 33's from them.
Parts Connexion has the Pearl Coolers or you can get them directly from Pearl. For the hot power tubes, make sure you get the 3" tall Coolers with the red silicone O-rings. The black rubber rings dry out and break after awhile.