MC402 vs FPB 300cx

Anyone have any insight here...These are two amps I am considering going for, but have a little concern leaving Krell. I have read alot on both, most of the information on the FPB I am familiar, and I am familiar with the Krell sound. The Mc402 however seems to get some commentary in the Bass area, lackthereof. I love the bass slam of my Krell, and I love the detail of it. Is MAC way off in terms of sound signature? Does the 402 give slam, or does it roll?

Thanks for any insight anyone has.
jc51373
Jc, good for you! Please let us know your impressions, I enjoy reading your posts. ;-) Have fun and enjoy the music...
I'm kinda late getting in on this, but I have a nearly identical system except for the source. (Arcam CD93 -> VTL 5.5 -> Krell KAV 2250 -> B&W N804.) I did try some older Macs, 2105's I think, in a biamped configuration. Just wasn't to my liking as the music wasn't quite as full. I should note that these amps sounded wonderful in my friend's room with DIY speakers. Anyway, I found that the new Classe CA 2200 was excellent in my system in my room (dedicated). In fact I preferred the sound to Manley Snappers. I preferred the Snappers to the Krell, however. FWIW, my reference live music is the jazz combos and local music in New Orleans. The Snappers do a better job of making the bass sound more live than the Krells or the Classe. Go figure. However, the Classe provides a very nice tonal richness and balance that was very pleasing to listen to even at low volumes. I did hear both of these amps in my own system for 4 days each. Hope this helps, but if you've already purchased the Krells, you've made a good decision. Good luck.
Audphile1- I would LOVE a pair of Diamonds. Once I am finished with the AMP, I will look into it. They are nice.
Not to be a complete ball-buster, but I saw this and just couldn't resist..Particularly since HASSEL quoted me...Right back at cha HASSEL....Here is your description in your System description of the Mc402:
"I was diappointed when I first got it. The bass was there alright, but the highs sounded harsh, voices sharp."

This is exactly what I described it to sound like, and discovering you had the same impressions, albeit it different now, is just too funny.
offended Mac owners vs. offended Krell owner

Both will sound great in their respective setups of different environments ultimately based on the listener's ears and preferences.

Jc, I believe the description by Hassel you have quoted was made when the unit is not broken-in yet.