MC402 vs FPB 300cx

Anyone have any insight here...These are two amps I am considering going for, but have a little concern leaving Krell. I have read alot on both, most of the information on the FPB I am familiar, and I am familiar with the Krell sound. The Mc402 however seems to get some commentary in the Bass area, lackthereof. I love the bass slam of my Krell, and I love the detail of it. Is MAC way off in terms of sound signature? Does the 402 give slam, or does it roll?

Thanks for any insight anyone has.
jc51373
I think you'll be wow'd. I'd like to get my 300C upgraded to a 400CX...just haven't gotten around to it. I don't want to go "ampless" for any amount of time.

BTW - the 400CX will be slightly bigger/heavier than the 402.
Jc51373, should be an awesome amp.
If you think you may consider a speaker upgrade in the future and if you like B&W sound, I think the new 803D will impress you.
Jc, good for you! Please let us know your impressions, I enjoy reading your posts. ;-) Have fun and enjoy the music...
I'm kinda late getting in on this, but I have a nearly identical system except for the source. (Arcam CD93 -> VTL 5.5 -> Krell KAV 2250 -> B&W N804.) I did try some older Macs, 2105's I think, in a biamped configuration. Just wasn't to my liking as the music wasn't quite as full. I should note that these amps sounded wonderful in my friend's room with DIY speakers. Anyway, I found that the new Classe CA 2200 was excellent in my system in my room (dedicated). In fact I preferred the sound to Manley Snappers. I preferred the Snappers to the Krell, however. FWIW, my reference live music is the jazz combos and local music in New Orleans. The Snappers do a better job of making the bass sound more live than the Krells or the Classe. Go figure. However, the Classe provides a very nice tonal richness and balance that was very pleasing to listen to even at low volumes. I did hear both of these amps in my own system for 4 days each. Hope this helps, but if you've already purchased the Krells, you've made a good decision. Good luck.