Rogue Cronus too bright

Hi All:
I recently aquired a slightly used Rogue Cronus integrated amp. It's an upgrade from a Jolida 302B. The Cronus is a great amp and is a big improvement in alot of ways over the Jolida, imaging, detail, bass, etc. I do find however that it's a bit too bright for my taste. By that I mean on vocals like Norah Jones some of the high notes leave that wince in my ear that makes me want to turn it down, and it's not loud to begin with. My speakers are Totem Model 1 Signatures (87db) with Analysis Plus Bi-Oval 12 cables. A jolida CD playes and VPI table. Same result from either source. I didn't have this problem with the Jolida. I've upgraded all of the signal tubes in the Cronus. Preamp 12AU7 tube to a Mullard. 12AX7's to RCA long black plates, and other 2 12AU7s to RCA clear tops. Power tubes are stock KT77 from Rogue.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on this? Are these speakers not a good match for this amp? Are my tube choices contributing to the problem? Are there better tubes to try?

Thanks!
arch7
Hi Arch, I've only spent a few hours with a Cronus and didn't notice any prominance in the 4K region. I was listening through ProAc speakers and a Simaudio player.

I was quite impressed with the Cronus and so I wouldn't give up on the amp without trying other solutions first. The clear tops, in my opinion, have an undeserved and over-hyped reputation. I think they sound thin and rather boring.

I haven't heard the Totem Model 1 speakers, but I owned the Arro for a few months and there was a very distinct prominance in the 4K region that made vocals virtually unlistenable on recordings with even a hint of sibilants.
I found them to be bordering on flawed and if this is the Totem "house sound" then I would suggest your primary contributor is the Totems.

I hope you don't give up on the Cronus before trying some warmer speakers because it is a very special integrated amplifier.
Post removed 
Thanks for your responses! Can someone recommend other speakers that might work well. I need to stick with smaller mini-monitor type speakers, probably in the $1500 range (new or used). I'm not too familiar with other speakers. I think the Cronus is the keeper in this situation, speakers are negotiable.
I've had my Cronus for about 4 months and have not noticed any brightness, harshness or tube glare. Mine has the upgrades mentioned above and I am using RCA Cleartops for the 12AU7s and Telefunkens for the 12AX7s. I have found that I am particularly sensitive to brightness and tube glare and don't experience this at all with my Cronus.

Speakers are Quad 2805, which seems to be an excellent match with the Cronus.

Dave
Post removed