Bridging Mono Mcintosh Mc2102

Anyone bridging two McIntosh Mc2102's for additional Headroom. I have one Mac Mc2102 driving Sonus Faber Stradivari's. What will 2 do for me?
barnes
I faced the same situation just before Xmas to drive my Vienna Mahlers. I demoed a pair of MC501's for about 3 months and I all ready had a friends MC2102.
Me I wanted to buy the MC501's as I really did not want to go back to the hasstle of tubes ( not that MAC 2102 is a hasstle)
The MC501's were nice, but I never really got that emotionally attached to it.
Then I borrowed the dealers MC2102 and paralleled them. You get more ability to drive low impedances when you parallel, only more power when you bridge them.

WOW - one MC2102 is nice, but 2xMC2102's are great. One MC2102 I felkt like it was running out of gass when played loud, no such headroom problems with 2xMC2102's.
No problems controlling the bass, mid range superb and treble nice and extended but the most important thing was music just sound better and more enjoyable to listen to. Everything is better with 2xMC2102's - no comparison IMO.

BTW, a pair of Strats is what I want to upgrade my Mahlers from if I every can afford it.

My take is go for it. 2xMC2102 has a magic that a pair of MC501's cannot beat.
Hello Guys,

Hope you don't mind my butting in. I too am looking at a pair of MC2102's. Am I understanding that the biggest benefit to the sound is parallel, ability to drive 4, 2, or 1 ohm load, as opposed to bridged 16, 8, or 4 ohm load? I have Martin Logan Ascent I's that I want to drive with a Manley Steelhead directly into the Macs. Sounds like parallel would work well? The Ascents drop to 1 ohm in the high frequencies...

Thanks,

Jett
Yes Jet, that is correct according to the literature.

I have used the manley steelhead at home and it should have enough gain to run it direct.

You may want to email Mac direct as I don't have a lot of experience with Martin Logan
Thanks Downunder. I checked out your system and the dual Macs are looking sweet! I see you are using the xono-great phono stage.

Can't wait to get the Macs for myself.

Best Regards,

Jett
thnx Jett

I demoed the steelhead about 18 mnths ago. At that time it did not suit my system as I was experimenting with SS amps ( stupid me).
Currently demoing the ARC PH7 phono stage - boy does that sound nice, the only ARC unit I have ever liked.

Let me know if you get the 2nd MAC 2102

cheers

Shane