The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
The specifications page of the User's manual states the output circuitry is Push-Pull Class AB.
Crem1

Just opened the second Behringer last night which I now have running in bridged mode.

So far it seems much punchier and more effortless.

However, I have noticed some tizziness in my tweeters. For this system I am using monitors which supposedly can handle a lot of power.

Is it possible these amps clip before you expect them to? and well before the clipping LED lights up?

(I sure hope I didnt damage the tweeters?!)

Also, have you found that these amps sound best with the dials in a particular position?
Cwlondon : I have never had a problem . I do use the vol. controls as gain controls @ 1/2 or so . The Amps meters should denote clipping. I have never used the Amps to clipping range. What kind of monitors are you using?
Crem1

I am experimenting with several at the moment, as I seek to replace my Genelec active monitors, the 1029s with the Behringers and a passive monitor.

I have a pair of Radio Shack Presidians, Epos M12's, Epos ELS3's, and ATC SCM7s.

The ATC's are very transparent without sounding too sterile, but I am wondering if the SCM12's with slightly larger cabinets would have much better bass and worth the difference in price.

Also, they are not so efficient and work well with lots of power so I am hoping the monoblock configuration will yield good results while keeping the cost of the whole system down to a reasonable level.
The Hi Fi World magazine review showed that these amps do have unusually high distortion.Which is probably the main reason they said they were not really suited to serious hi fi use.
This may or may not cause speaker damage but it is probably a good thing to use them carefully and why they could not recommend them despite their apparent excellent value.
They should be safe for driving woofers though.