No bass on BAT VK-3ix SE preamp?

Need a little help here. Picked up a 3iX SE, my first BAT product. There is not any bass what so ever (tubes?). The mids and highs are there (love at first hearing) but just a soft rumble from lower mids down. Nothing against BAT. If I ever replace this it will be another BAT. I've finally found something really "special"! here with my first taste of BAT. Thanks
siddigger
Thanks for the respones. Right now I have a Modwright SE preamp. And Channel Island Audio 200 monoblocks class D amps. Imput impedance is 100k ohms for CIA. Signal Cable Silver Resolution everything for cables and interconnects, inductance 0.13 uh/ft. Avalon Opus Ceramique speakers. The first thing I did was try my back up amp, a 400 watt Belles solid state amp, imput impedance 25,000 ohms or 25k. Same thing, bass a light distant rumble. I do not know enough about impedance to know if thats a mismatch. I will be getting a BAT VK-75 this week from a nice gentle man here on Audiogon. As soon as I get a set of balanced cables from Signal Cable so I can hook up the VK-75, I'll find out if it's the impedance. Thanks again!
That seems odd to me. I currently have a BAT VK-3iXSE in my system on loan, and at first the bass was too much. It was new, so I ran it for 240 straight hours (10 days). The results were much better, the bass is now much tighter. At first the bass was over-powering and loose, now, it's still powerful, but much better definition.
I have the Modwright SWL 9.0 Pre Amp with the Channel Island D-200 Amps and a pair of Salk HT3 speakers, and I have all the bass you would want.
Hmmm...with 100k input impedance, there shouldn't really be a bass problem. Maybe your preamp is faulty? You might need to call BAT for this one.