Tube amps for Eggleston Andra II

I've noticed some discussion & recommendation for various ssolid state amps for the Andra II - but it seems many do not attempt using tubes with them. I'd like to hear from anyone who has Andras or heard them with tubes & their thoughts. My Wyetech Topaz monos were too weak for them so I went to the Levinson 23.5 but am not a solid state fan. I just borrowed a pair of Sonic Frontiers Power 3s from a cooperative dealer & they work much better than the Levy. My room is 25' x 13' x 8' with the speakers firing down the long side. Cement floor with carpeting & using ARC Ref 3 / PH7 / Jena Labs / Redpoint / Triplanar VII / Dynavector XV1S.
I'm especially interested in anyone who has heard the Andras with Lamm ML1 / Manley Neo 250 or 500 / VTL / CAT.
Any comments would be appreciated.
omegaman
1markr:
Thinking of getting the same pre/power Dodds as well...

What tubes are you using all the way round?

Tried rolling tubes?

How is the treble, bass and tonality with your existing setup?
Omegaman, I have used other tube amps in the past, e.g. ASL Hurricanes, Joule VZN-100, Berning ZH-270, and a Canary, but when I got the Andras, I was trying to mate them with the "right" solid state amp. Nothing pleased (a BAT VK-500 came close though) but then I borrowed a friend's Dodd's, and I ended up buying a new pair, they were so good. I've listened to other's Andras being run by Viva and Art Audio low powered amps (25 wpc), and they sound extremely good, but not enough power for me and my bigger room. BTW, There's much more on Audio Circle re: Dodds than here.

F1a, yes I love to tube roll, at least until that "magic" combination is found. In the Dodd amps, I love the inexpensive SED "Winged C" EL34 power tubes, GE 7044 driver tubes, and Amperex 7119 input tubes. In the Dodd preamp, I have found favor in Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8s or white label US made PQ 6922. I have a few more to try, but haven't been in a hurry since this combination is highly musical and enjoyable!
Okay, the wife went away for a few days on bussiness and I have turned the upstairs room into a mini audio room. I hooked up my ARC Ref300 mono blocks, ARC REF3 pre, ARC REF 7 cd player and now I'm wondering how can I get this same sound but in a smaller equipement scale and not loose out on the sound that I am getting. The only area I am having issues with is the bass, it's good but the bass on the Ref1000's was better in control and deep double bass notes which are important to me.

I have my Mac 501's that I'm going to try tommorow.

Regarding the Bel Canto, all I can say is it just isn't in the same league, not even close. It does do some nice things but not enough for me, next.

The more I hear these Andras they just keep impressing me more and more.

Several years ago I brought a pair of demo Mac 501s home and hooked them up to my Andra IIs. The Andras practically purred. After a half hour of listening I wouldn't let the dealer take the Macs out long enough to replace the demos with new ones, and sold all of my other amps. Only change since then has been to add a pair of biwired Purist Dominus Rev. B cables, which were the perfect addition. I'd be surprised if you don't wind up leaving the Macs in once you hear the combination.
1markr, come by and borrow a pair of pw amperex, smile will be on face longggg time