Receiver Recommendations

I tried to post this once before & it didn't show up. So forgive me if it's a duplicate.

I'm looking for a used 2-channel receiver to power two sets of Polk in-wall speakers. They'll be used in our great room & bedroom. For mostly background music, but for some semi-serious listening, when I'm not downstairs listening to my main system.

My orginal thoughts were something by NAD or Rotel, but only because I'm familiar with those two. I'd be open to vintage tubes, newer digital, older ss, whatever. I don't have any use for 5-channel, but if there's a unit that's particularly good for music I'd consider it.

I'm looking to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $250-$350.

Sources will be FM(internal) and computer.

Thanks,
E-
ecruz
How about a minty McIntosh receiver. Would make for a nice focal point in a room not to mention superb sonics.
Sailfishben-
Any particular models? I know nothing about McIntosh. Can I find one in my price range?
I don't know about the TA-1A model. It might be the lowest powered as the TA-4A was the highest as I remember. The TA units were not thought to be built as well as the SA units as the latter were made in japan and the former outsourced to Taiwan. You can check the audiogon blue book for power ratings but I'd get the luxman. If you wait, you'll find one on ebay for $100-175. Anything above that I'd add an extra $75+ and get the higher powered R117. Just make sure the volume control is quiet and smooth.
For a McIntosh recommendation, you'd have to post again and ask about which ones. I just though because its for a great room this could be a display. I've always thought they look so cool, retro, no WAF problem etc.

There is one place on the web that specializes in used McIntosh gear
http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/home.htm