McCormack 0.5 standard vs. Deluxe

Can anyone offer me an opinion on the DNA 0.5 standard vs. the Deluxe model? What are the basic differences between the two models, assuming that both are in the same condition?
davetroy
The standard was built to a price point.
The deluxe has upgraded components, which really make a difference, but were too costly for the targeted standard price point.

In my mind this is somewhat a moot point.
SMC audio, Steve M's new company offers DNA upgrades which take the amps far beyond the difference between std and upgrade. I'd buy the most cost effective (std or delux) and when funds allowed, upgrade.
ONe difference was in the binding posts, but Weim boy is correct. SMc's upgrades are quite spectacular. Not a subtle improvement. The cost of the upgrade has a differential based on whether it is a std or a dlx you send them.
This is an old thread, but I offer the following in case anyone is interested. I bought a McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe, then had it upgraded by SMc Audio to Rev. B+ standard. The amp replaced an NAD C270, which was in my view quite a good amplifier for the money, in a system with a B&K Pro 10MC preamp, an Arcam CD92 CD player, and Vandersteen 1b speakers. The DNA 0.5 Deluxe sounded very good to begin with. The upgrade made it sound even better, and I remain very pleased with it after extended listening.

The upgraded amp sounds natural and musical. The deep bass is solid, the midrange and treble clear and detailed without being harsh. Vocals and wind and string instruments sound almost alive. The system creates clear acoustic images in space, on a broad and deep sound stage. There is virtually no audible sound from the system when music is not playing.

I have no illusions that this is the ultimate system for audiophiles looking to wring that last 0.00001 percent of performance out of their equipment. It is enjoyable to listen to, though, and lets me concentrate on hearing the music, including subtleties in inflection and emphasis that I might not catch with lesser equipment. I would recommend both the McCormack 0.5 Deluxe and the SMc Audio upgrades without hesitation to other AudiogoN members considering these.