SET Amps and Maggies

are there any SET amps that can run my maggie 12s?
tz7
If you're really looking for the beauty of SET, maybe you should think of letting go of your Maggies. It would be the brave thing to do to enter the SET world...
"I own AES six pacs...are there any tubes that would get me closer to the SET sound? which assume is more palpable, lush, organic etc."

Don't worry about the SET sound, properly driven planars have their own "magic" that is just as engrossing and enveloping.

I heard the ESP Concert Grand ($40k) driven by Kinetics 300wpc Wavestream Kinetics V-8 amps($35k) at the LA HE Show this year and it was absolutely glorious. I would sell off my SET/horn system in a heartbeat for fraction of that glory. Granted, it was $100k system.

But, the biggest problem, Tz7, for anyone trying to lend suggestions is that you have never defined what's your price range.

The Cary Six Packs are ~$2.4k new and ~$1,5k used. Is it accurate for us to assume that you'd like to spend a similar amount? Less? 2x as much? 3x?

The Six Packs are rated at 55wpc, but also 110wpc PEP. Do these drive your Maggies well?

Also, what are you using as a preamp?
SET amps are not the "end all" in high end amplifiers. There are other topologies that will provide superb performance with greater compatibility for the Maggies.