Powering on/off amps with preamp trigger

Hi, I want to use my preamp trigger to power on and off my amps. I have read that people prefer to power on the amps after the preamp and power off the amps before the preamp. If I use the preamp trigger, then power off and power on would be simultaneous with the preamp. Is there a danger in this? If so, what are they and why do people prefer to stagger the power cycling of the amps and preamp?

Oh yeah, before any one says it, I am an indeed too lazy to take the extra step of turning on and off my monoblocks. Yes, this is purely a matter of convenience for me.
128x128tboooe
Thank you oneobgyn. Can you please explain what the reasoning behind the golden rule is?
The reason that folks like to power on and off as you have mentioned is that a a pre-amp can do some nasty stuff during warm up if it doesn't have a mute circuit and you can also experience rude noises from the preamp when its shut down. Some amps and speakers have no problem dealing with these noises, you just hear some pop's or noise, however some amps do have problems and their problems can be conveyed to and be damaging to speakers. DC offset comes to mind for some reason.

If you have a good mute circuit in your pre-amp it shouldn't make a difference so long as the mute is engaged. If it is not an 'auto' mute circuit during warm up you want to be sure its ingaged.