Integrated amp for my Sonus Faber Guarneri

Need a good advise here since the possibility of listen before i buy is limited. No hard-rock fan, else all kind of music. On my short list at the moment are Pathos (Classic), Sugden, BAT, Creek, Edge, Lavardin, CJ.
eibe
Hi i agree that the Mcintosh MA-6900 is a great amp i was helping a friend to choose a new integrated amp for is Magnepans 1.6QR is final choice was between Mcintosh MA-7000 and the Classe Audio CAP-201 tried both in home for two weekends both where very nice but is preferance went to the 100 watts per channel Classe Audio over the more expensive Mcintosh i was very very surprised of the results because i am not a fan of the new generation of Classe Audio i loved the pure class A designs of the old Dave Reich days since he as left Classe Audio the nice sweet sound they once had left with him BUT this small integrated amp is a sweetie compared to there 200 watts per channel seperates that for ME are to bright but that's me it's only a question of choices i love a laid back sound and with this Classe you can listend for hours with out any fatigue for me that is the real test.
How about the McIntosh MA6800? At 150 W/channel it is 50W/channel less than the MA6900. Is it powerful enough to do the Guarneris justice?

I found an MA6800 nearby in excellent condition, and am tempted to take it home based on many recs for the MA6900. The latter is harder to find where I live and much more expensive.

I just got a pair of Guarneris last Friday, and need to find a good amp to drive them quickly. Wifey is unimpressed with their sound, driven temporarily by my 50 W classic Luxman SS amps. I need to change her thinking right away.

How about the McIntosh MA6800? At 150 W/channel it is 50W/channel less than the MA6900. Is it powerful enough to do the Guarneris justice?

I found an MA6800 nearby in excellent condition, and am tempted to take it home based on many recs for the MA6900. The latter is harder to find where I live and much more expensive.

I just got a pair of Guarneris last Friday, and need to find a good amp to drive them quickly. Wifey is unimpressed with their sound, driven temporarily by my 50 W classic Luxman SS amps. I need to change her thinking right away.

Hi D-I-L-Eye,

I owned the Guarneris for years and upgraded to STrads a few years ago. I know many owners love Mcintosh with Guarneris. However, i will also say placement of the speakers is very important here. Your Luxman amp is quite good by reputation (i've not heard it)...and while the Guarneris will use greater power well...i would say they react better to higher quality mid-level power than to mid-quality high power.

I also would ask...what do you/your wife think the Guarneris are missing? when dialed in right, they have a unique "magic" that most find very engaging. they will never produce prodigious bass. if you can explain in more detail, happy to share my 2 cents. they are a truly great speaker amongst a pantheon of great speakers.