I need help choosing my next tube preamp.

Although I really enjoyed usnig my ARC LS-15 preamp since I bought it brand new several years ago, I'm looking to upgrade it.

I'd like to stay with tube preamps only.

I like experimenting with different tubes, so the new preamp should probably not be based on the new 6H30 supertube.

Qualities I'm looking for in my next preamp - it should have a pretty laid back(more so than the LS-15) but dynamic character, with plenty of detail, but not be hyper detailed, should have good definition in the bass region(deep, tight bass, not bloaty), full sounding mids and produce a wide and deep soundstage.
Also, it should have a high resolution volume control with plenty of steps to provide ability to fine tune volume for late night low-level listening.

Primary source in my system is digital. No analog as of yet.

The candidate preamps are:
ARC LS-25 MkI,
BAT VK-31,
Sonic Frontiers Line-3
Aesthetix Calypso

I'm pretty much open to other tube preamp suggestions, as long as it is from a well known manufacturer and is not known to have reliability issues.

I listen to different types of music. Classical, traditional and modern jazz, blues and rock.

Really looking for your expert opinion. And if someone who has any experience with the mentioned preamps can share their thoughts, it would be great!

Thanks a lot!!!!
128x128audphile1
Thanks MrT, thanks Cedar.

Jaybo, could you please describe sound of Line-3 in few words? Things like presentation(forward, middle of the hall, laid back?), resolution, bass, mids, you know, all the good stuff. thanks!
Audiophile1 - be particular when trying the cj pre. They have a very unique volume control circuit which impacts the imput impedence of the pre, based on the volume setting, so certain high output impedence cd players and other devices will sound awful with these pre-amps. Besides - the VAC will blow the cj away in resolution and sonics IMO.
John
I tried the CJ CT6 preamp and really liked the sound. However, I found the volume control unlikable (see comments above by Jwpstayman about CJ premaps). I don't care if it's the best volume control made the very load clicks when changing each volume step was a show-stopper. Even the dealer seemed unexcited about selling me this $4500 preamp.
Latest update.....
I've heard the CJ CT6 preamp with sony ES sacd player and I did like the sound. However, I also noticed this clicking when changing volume. I guess it's the relays that CJ uses. Nothing you can do. I also verified that my cd player does sound better through XLR outputs than it does through the SE ones, so CJ was out of the question unless I change my cd player and this is not what I want to do.

I just had a chance to go and hear ARC LS-25MkI. Really liked it. Found it to have very smooth sound and it is very dynamic. Anyway, I bought it. It blends very nicely into my system. Synergy between the ARC CD3MkII, LS-25 and the McCormack Gold revision DNA-225 is incredible.
Thanks all very much for your recommendations, but I guess I liked and bought a unit that wasn't mentioned here on this thread, but was one of the candidate preamps. I guess I'm an ARC fan. I like the way ARC presents music and the LS-25 is one fine sounding pre.
Thanks again!!!!

P.S.
Later on I plan on experimenting with some NOS tubes. It has the stock Sovteks in it now and surprisingly, I like the sound.