Is there anyone who came back from tubes to SS?

...also anyone who used to have SS, switched to tubes and than came back to SS?
Please include music that you mostly listen.

I'm about to switch to tube power amplifiers from Bryston 3b-st to VTL MB125 or Rogue M120 -- still thinking what to choose.
If there is any reason not to switch, please explain
Thanks to all.
128x128marakanetz
I have been back and forth numerous times. Overall i personally prefer tubes. I had VTL MB100's in the past, and at this time i have Rogue 120's. I mostly listen to jazz and blues.
I've been there but not back. ;-) Someone commented about tube hiss and high pitched tone. The slight background hiss is normal for a tube preamp but not the high pitched tone. That indicates to me that one of the tubes is oscillating and needs to be replaced or something else went south in the preamp. I had this happen to me in a CJ PV-12 preamp and replacing the bad tube cured the problem. As for hiss, I've owned three different tube preamps and they all hiss slightly but only noticeable if I place my ear right up to the tweeter. My Adcom GFP-750 preamp is very quiet in the background like most modern ss preamps but it doesn't have the soundstage, air, or transparency of the tube preamps that I have owned.

Currently using ARC LS16 tube preamp in combo with CJ Premier 11a tube amp driving the smallish Thiel CS 1.5 speakers. Previously owned Classe CA-200 ss amp. Good amp with more bass slam but wanted that "tube magic" so I sold it.
Ok my short story...
Started out with a cheap tube integrated, then discovered solid state & couldn't be happier. The hum noise hiss pop & crackle of tubes was never missed one bit. Stuck with SS through several iterations of my rig until I finally decided to try to discover what all the raves about the better tube equipment were about? Auditioned Sonic Frontiers, VTL, & Golden Tube; couldn't stand any of it. Thought a Cary might work better but it was even worse; the microphonics were just awful. Every time that the input selector was switched, it went 'boiiiing'. You could tap on the rack & hear it in the speakers even at nominal voume settings.
I'm glad that y'all love your tubes & I'm not trying to talk anyone out of them, just not my cup of tea. I've always thought that my Luxman Ultimate SS series was the holy grail, but have since discovered that Accuphase even betters the Lux. Bluesawn if you ever decide to part with that P450 then definitely get in touch with me by all means!
I have a VTL ST-150 , and the Amp is amazing ! Tubes can get costly about $ 300.00 for 8 Svetlana 6550C s . But they last a couple of years for me. The average SS does not come close . You need to step up to the Big Bucks SS to Give the tubes some competition Pass, Rowland etc Good luck
PS Make sure you have some help the VTL Stuff weighs a TON!
I went from tube preamps (Counterpoint SA5.1, Audible Illusions M3) to Jeff Rowland Coherence One and Consonance SS preamps. I like Rowland products. They sound tubey but has a lot of details and you don't have to fiddle with tubes.