Just ordered my Supratek Chenin Preamp

Ordered it in Piano Black with chrome, remote control and HT bypass options. Now comes the hard part - waiting for it to be built and shipped! Hope the time passes quickly...
ait
Ait,
I do have to agree with Goatwuss on the waiting time. There have been some cases where people have recieved their units in 3-4 months, but the average wait has been in the 6-8 month range. I ordered mine at the end of March 2004, and recieved it at the end of November 2004. Trust me it is worth the wait. I would not even contact Mick about where you are in the line until about 2-3 months in.

Fiddler,
I do agree with you somewhat about the EH6SN7 being a great choice, but in my setup, and with my listening priorities, I have found the RCA Grey Glass tube, to work very well. With regard to tube rolling further, I was VERY disappointed when I replaced the stock 6922 with a matched set of highly regarded Amperex. I would be interested in getting your opinion on possible choices for replacing the 5A4 regulator in the PS (the thread on the Supratek has gotten too big to wade through all the tube comments);)
Ait, I also bought my first tube preamp - Supratek Chardonnay - without ever hearing it and it was simply impressive and fills my living room with beautiful music. And following expert advise from Ecclectique (thank you!), I replaced the stock with Bendix 6106, Brima 6F6G, Slyvania 6SN7 WGT NOS tubes. That was in late 2004; recently I received my Hyperion 938 and the experience just got much better!!! I am sure you would have the same experience. Cheers.
Would those of you with Supratek pre-amps care to tell us what amp and speakers they are using successfully? Thanks.