Tired of boring, polite, laid-back sound.....

Looking for a very lively, open, pulsating intergrated for less than 1k used...considering Arcam, MF, and Creek...basically leaning towards the Brits...am I in the right direction? Could sacrfice some refinement for energized, focused soundstaging....thanks...
128x128phasecorrect
Post removed 
EEK! I hate these myths about classical music.

FYI - "laid-back, boring and polite" is hardly good for classical music. For large scale, complex music, dynamics and timing are extremely important.

So are other things of course. Resolution, transparency, timbral accuracy, balance. And no, I don't want in-yer-face, bright, glassy massed strings, thank you very much.

But classical music needs dynamics (macro-micro), pace and rhythm as much as the other virtues if it is to be compelling and true. You can have tonal beauty and PRAT too y'know. No music is life-like without it.

I haven't heard any MF amps in a coon's age so I can't comment on their equipment. But yes, their designer plays chamber music (clarinet). Don't think that automatically makes his equipment one thing or the other.
Without taking into consideration the context of the rest of your system, please scratch Arcam off the list if you are looking for a lively and upfront presentation.

Having owned the Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp, I just can say that this amp is somewhat of a cold fish with an uninvolving and laidback kind of sound, typical Arcam. I believe their recent iterations of amp more or less share the same sound signature. Have not heard of Creek so can't comment. Musical Fidelity is just okay.

If you want a Brit amp that will rock, try Naim.