Preamp recommendation $300: see desired features

I'm looking for a nice used preamp that can be had for around $250-$300. Any help would be appreciated. Wish list (in order of priority)...remote, quality phono stage, pre-out, decent headphone jack, tape loop, defeatable tone controls.
soulbrass
You can get NAD 1600 pre/tuner's with remote for around $200 used. Older model, but I really like the sound of the older NAD stuff. Smooth and sweet, but very little sound stage compared to more expensive equipment. I am listening to mine in my office right now!

Good luck,
Paul
Another reason why I think the RC995 is worth the extra money is that it has a serious phono stage, not just some circuit board to accommodate phono.

The phono circuitry in the RC995 is derived from the stand alone Rotel RHQ-10 phono stage which had an MSRP of $1900.00 back in 1993. The Rotel RH line of products were of a much higher quality than anything they've made before or since. The RC995 is possibly the best non-RH 2 channel stereo preamp Rotel ever sold, although I have not heard the RC1090.
Look for an IRD Purist in the used market. This is one of the best $1000 valued preamp for very low price.
The Sony 2000 (originally $1,000 I think)has all that and more. I'll send you more detailed specs and photos if you think you might want to go in that direction.